We hope this email finds you and your family healthy and in good spirits.
On May 18th, Governor Murphy issued an Executive Order EO145 to re-open dental offices. As we get ready to re-open, our primary focus will be on your health and safety. We will be resuming in phases based on the latest CDC Guidelines and need for care.
If you missed an appointment to treat cavities, trauma or braces, we will be contacting you shortly.
Our staff and doctors are receiving additional training and we intend to keep everyone safe and relaxed as we set out to re-open.
Thank you for your understanding as we work hard to create a safe and healthy environment for our patients. Families and patients are to expect some changes in scheduling and intake, as per the details listed below.
Prior to your Appointment
Prior to your appointment, you will receive an email questionnaire that must be filled and returned no later than 10 AM the day of your appointment.
Preparing for the Appointment
- Patients, please brush your teeth just before leaving home and use the bathroom. Our office bathroom will not be accessibleto patients at this time.
- If you have any orthodontic appliances, please make sure to bring them with you tothe appointment.
- We urge children to come prepared with their own sunglasses, should the overheadlight be an issue.
Arrival to the Appointment
- When you arrive at your appointed time, please call 973-744-3127. Parents, please be available to review plan with staff via phone and process payment.
- A staff member will come out to your vehicle, review a few questions and measure the patient’s temperature. If temperature is higher than 100 F, the appointment will need to be rescheduled. Based on the nature of the appointment, the patient may be given a mouthwash.
- All patients must wear a mask to enter the building
- Once ready for the appointment, only the patient will be accompanied to the appointment room that has been sanitized and prepared. At this time, we will not be inviting parents or attendants into treatment rooms.
- We are trying as far as possible, to conduct contactless billing and payment. This will be done when you call to let us know you’ve arrived.
During the Appointment
- At the appointment, we will be keeping all windows open to promote circulation of fresh air.
- Once outside temperatures rise and the air conditioning is turned on, we will using Jade Surgically Clean Air units.
- The staff will be wearing additional protective equipment such as visors and surgical gowns. This is for patient safety andnot meant to intimidate the children.
- We will be keeping appointments short. Physical distancing will be enforced to minimize contact.
- We will be limiting additional family members or siblings in the office. This isfor the safety of thepatientand our staff.If achild absolutely requires a parent, we will review that ahead of time andmake arrangements for one parent to be present.
We continue to clean and sanitize every room thoroughly using universal precautions. We appreciate your compliance and cooperation and we hope you understand that in an effort to comply with CDC and State guidelines, we may need to refuse and or reschedule appointments.
Please rest assured that we are conducting additional training for doctors and our staff to make the experience as fun and enjoyable for our patients, while maintaining every precaution for patient health and safety.
Please respond that you have received and read the contents of this email and do not hesitate to ask any questions or clarifications.
Home Care – Dental Guidelines
1. Since dental offices were recently mandated to be closed, it is important that children and
parents understand possibleconsequences of trauma to the mouth. Use a mouth guard whenever possible.
2. Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes each time with a fluoridated toothpaste – every day.
3. Floss once a day.
4. Eat a balanced diet.
5. Exercise – even quick walks around your neighborhood or home have great benefits.
6. Wash your hands often, especially before eating or brushing your teeth. You should wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time.
7. If you have cavities not yet treated…
- Avoid any and all sticky /tacky foods.
- Floss diligently
- Brush twice a day
- Avoid juice and sugary foods
8. Orthodontic patients please follow guidelines sent by email. If you need elastics, prescription fluoride mouthwash or toothpaste, please email the office at firstname.lastname@example.org