Our office staff hopes this finds you and your l
Sparkles Dentistry for Children will remain closed until the government lifts mandatory closure for dental practices.
While we continue to find ourselves “Safer at Home,” this is a great time to focus on your health – so be sure to eat a healthy diet, get plenty of sleep and exercise! I also wanted to send along some resources that support your healthy habits by staying active and focusing on YOU and your child’s HEALTH.
We also wanted to let you know that we are continuing to serve our patients through tele-dentistry.
Home Care – Dental Guidelines
1. Since dental offices are mandated to be closed, it is important that children and parents understand possible consequences of trauma to the mouth. Use a mouth guard whenever possible.
2. Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes each time with a fluoridated toothpaste – every day.
3. Floss once a day.
4. Eat a balanced diet.
5. Exercise – even quick walks around your neighborhood or home have great benefits.
6. Wash your hands often, especially before eating or brushing your teeth. You should wash with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time.
7. If you have cavities not yet treated…
- Avoid any and all sticky /tacky foods.
- Floss diligently
- Brush twice a day
- Avoid juice and sugary foods
8. Orthodontic patients please follow guidelines sent by email. If you need elastics, prescription fluoride mouthwash or toothpaste, please email the office at email
May is Better Sleep Month
I am currently offering sleep assessments for our patients along with the help of Maureen Harper, MA, CCC-SLP who is a great resource and has successfully worked with several members of the Sparkles Family.
If you have been interested in having your child checked for any symptoms such as snoring, fatigue, or sleep-disordered breathing, you can now coordinate and arrange a screening by our in-house professional.
Click here to contact us and set up a virtual appointment.
Maureen Harper, MA, CCC-SLP has been a telehealth trained practitioner for over 6 years and has specific training using oromyofunctional therapy for sleep disordered breathing and / or mouth breathing. In addition, we will be working collaboratively with renowned ENT and Sleep Surgeon Dr. Soroush Zaghi, MD if in-person care is needed. Working online through teletherapy will help protect you and reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
Meanwhile, we wanted to remind you all of a few key points :
- Breathe through your nose, it helps strengthen your immune system.
- We will be able to provide at-home sleep studies (disposable units shipped to your home), at a much lower price than what is offered through hospitals.
- We are still providing virtual myofunctional therapy consultations and appointments (via teletherapy).
- You can still order CPAP, MyoMunchee and / or Myobrace if needed.
If you realize that you or a loved one is, or has been having difficulties with sleep or breathing and/or nasal breathing, this could be an ideal time to address the issue, so reach out to us from the comfort of your own home.